- Take into account that great love and great achievements involve great risk.
- When you lose, don’t lose the lesson.
- Follow the three R’s:
- Respect for self,
- Respect for others and
- Responsibility for all your actions.
- Remember that not getting what you want is sometimes a wonderful stroke of luck.
- Learn the rules so you know how to break them properly.
- Don’t let a little dispute injure a great relationship.
- When you realize you’ve made a mistake, take immediate steps to correct it.
- Spend some time alone every day.
- Open your arms to change, but don’t let go of your values.
- Remember that silence is sometimes the best answer.
- Live a good, honorable life. Then when you get older and
think back, you’ll be able to enjoy it a second time.
- A loving atmosphere in your home is the foundation for your life.
- In disagreements with loved ones, deal only with the current situation. Don’t bring up the past.
- Share your knowledge. It is a way to achieve immortality.
- Be gentle with the earth.
- Once a year, go someplace you’ve never been before.
- Remember that the best relationship is one in which your love for each other exceeds your need for each other.
- Judge your success by what you had to give up in order to get it.
- If you want others to be happy, practice compassion.
- If you want to be happy, practice compassion.
Saturday, 21 April 2012
Tuesday, 6 March 2012
An Old Cherokee told his grandson,
"My child, there is a battle between two wolves inside us. One is Evil. It is anger, jealousy, greed, resentment, inferiority, lies, and ego. The other is Good. It is joy, peace, love, hope, humilty, kindness, empathy and truth."
The boy thought about it and asked, "Grandfather, which wolf wins?"
The old man quietly replied, "The one you feed..."
Sunday, 1 January 2012
Today represents a brand new year - a new beginning.
Regardless of how your last year was, it has no bearing on what the future holds. It's an empty canvas for 365 days of your life - you can end up with mere scribbles or a masterpiece, and that's entirely up to you. Decide how you want your life to be, and your goals for the year. There's no shame in wanting to lead a simple happy life; many people wish just to sit back and enjoy the sunshine, and spend quality time with their family and friends.
BUT if you have goals to achieve, write them down and work towards achieving your ambitions with little steps. Do not be caught up in life and forget your ambitions, even if it takes sacrifice and a lot of hard work. Think back on your regrets in life - they are more likely to be about things you did not do rather than those you did! Missed opportunities because you did not bother or were too afraid to do something about them... and we live the rest of our lives wondering how different our lives would be had we done something different?
Fast forward to the day you lie on your deathbed and think back on your greatest regrets, and then come back to the present moment and decide how you want to avoid those regrets. It is that simple - do not merely exist... live a life!
I'm healthy, have a great family and friends, and I'm living in a peaceful and prosperous country. I know the conditions are right for me to seize the day should I want to, and the new year gives me 365 days to make my existence worthwhile. So catch the winds in your sail and push towards your dreams, and don't forget to lend a helping hand to others along the way.
Hello 2012... :)